Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Mother's Day at EQUIP Church

First, I have to brag on my kids. I woke up and got ready for the service and went out to the kitchen where Kristen was making me pancakes for breakfast! Then Mark gave me an 8GB Zune. I'm still loading my favorite songs, 2 days later!

We had a great time during our Mother's Day service. Greg decided to keep in more intimate, just the leadership team and our Small Group. The mothers were honored with seven red roses each and the mothers to be got 1 red rose each. Our children got up shared a special memory of their mom, or why they loved their mom.

Mark shared how I would hold him before bedtime when he was little and rock him and sing silent night. Kristen shared how I was always there for her during her medical procedures and how hard it was to raise 2 kids as a single mom.

Afterwards we had muffins. Then it was off to take Kristen to her play, a quick lunch, then back to the play to sell tickets and see it a second time. Then Greg took us all out for a Mother's Day dinner at Red Robbin. I fell asleep on the sofa at 8:00 and didn't get up until Greg woke me at 9:30 to go to bed. So much fun pooped me out!

I hope your Mother's Day was wonderful too! Blessings on this breezy, sunny Tuesday.

No comments: