Thursday, December 11, 2008

Scary Day and the Great Half Reveal

Yes, I'm still here. If you're still checking my blog, God bless you for your faithfulness!

Last Wednesday was a scary day. We were in Modesto working and had just finished lunch. I got out of the truck to head to the bathroom and saw this shimmering, red/pink flashing crescent in the upper left portion of my left eye's vision. I stopped. I looked around. It wasn't going away. I took a couple of steps, it was still there. It was kind of how things look before you pass out. I walked back to the truck and stared at Greg, waiting for him to finish what he was doing. He looked at me and I said, "I have a problem. There's something wrong with my vision." He came over and prayed for me and held me. I was getting scared and panicky. I had this about 15 years ago a couple of times and thought maybe it was happening again. We got in the truck and headed for our eye doctor in Modesto. I called as we drove and thankfully he was in and could see me.

We got there and as I was standing in the waiting area talking to the doctor, it went away. Greg says it always happens. When he prays for me, nothing happens right away, but 15 minutes later, I'm healed. The eye doctor examined me well, dilated me, and assured me my retina was still attached and everything looked normal. It was an ocular migraine. I've always called it a painless migraine. You're sensitive to light and sometimes have that drugged feeling afterwards but you also have these weird flashes of light that can be like stars on a black background, crescent shaped and multi-colored, or other varieties. I had had sinus pressure in my left temple that morning and was under a lot of stress last week, so that's probably what happened. I got to do easy work the rest of the day, raking leaves, then went home. All better.

The Great Half Reveal had to do with the stress of last week. We're coming towards the end of the remodel and I scheduled painters to do the cut-ins in the living room. We have high, angular cathedral ceiling lines and I didn't have the desire or confidence to paint straight lines up there. They did some trim work too, and painted our dining room for the third time, the correct color! Totally my fault for not being able to get the right color the other two times. Anyway, we were also getting our windows replaced. Greg and I had to paint the walls and the hallway and the trim and touch up the bathroom. Greg was sick last week and two nights he couldn't do anything. In one night he painted the whole living room, while sick! We still need to do a second coat, but it's passable if you don't stand too close! Kristen's bedroom furniture was all over the living room, as we were having baseboards put in her room. It was chaos. We had to put everything back together by Saturday afternoon for our leadership meeting and Sunday for family coming down. Here are some pictures of what has transpired over the last several weeks since the last shots.

The first wrong color in the dining room. New tile.

Tiling from the living room into the hallway. Our tile guy was great, always giving us a pathway to still walk when tile was drying overnight.

The concrete pour for our backyard and side yard. We extended the concrete through the side gate and along the driveway so I dont have to get out of the truck in the dirt anymore!





Greg and our neighbors replacing our side fence. All in one day!



Kristen was in her high school drama this weekend so we were making frequent trips to Denair (20 minute drive one way) all week. We put it all together, less decorating (not to that step yet). Family came down to see Kristen in the play, minus my mom who was sick (hence the half reveal, and all was well. I could finally relax! The next hump? Christmas here. Fortunately we finally got the tree up this week. We just need to move it. Still lots to do.

Blessings on this foggy, cold Thursday.

No comments: