Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Behind the Eight Ball

Ever notice the older you get, the less you get done in a day? Take yesterday for example. My plan was to paint all the trim in the hallway and actually paint the hallway. Greg was supposed to finish the living room ceiling and paint the hallway ceiling. I got one coat of trim on the hallway.

My plan was to make turkey soup. I got the stock cooked. This morning I have to make the soup before work.

Perhaps going to the paint store, Valley Distributors, Target, Wal-Mart, the bank, and 2 trips to Kristen's school had something to do with it.

I did get the Christmas letters printed!

I started figuring out Greg's irrigation control system, but knew it was too complicated and too dark outside at 8:00 to finish that project.

I was going to clear out the area behind the wall unit to caulk the baseboards. I got distracted by other things.

I got the laundry done!

I did help Greg clean up the Cypresses he cut down out front!

Most of my Christmas shopping is done thanks to Amazon.com, but I can't wrap anything because we have no tree up yet and no where to put anything. Oh yeah, and it hasn't arrived yet!

Well, so much for a recap of yesterday. I've asked Greg to hire about 5 people from Labor Ready to help me get this stuff done in a day. He didn't go for it. If only I could wiggle my nose and make it all happen. Seems I got so much more done in a day in my 20's an 30's. Blessings of a productive day on this gray Tuesday.

No comments: