Saturday, January 3, 2009

EQUIP Update

It's been a productive week or two. I think I already mentioned we got our business license and our federal ID#. We also got our fictitious business statement and opened our checking and savings accounts. We can accept donations, but at this time they won't be tax-deductible. Our fictitious business statement should be running in the Turlock Journal the next four weeks. We have sent our articles of incorporation and by-laws to our board for review a few weeks ago. Once that is agreed upon, we'll apply for non-profit status and to be incorporated. Once we receive the non-profit status, any donations will be tax-deductible. I understand it takes 4-6 months.

Last night Greg and I worked reviewed the content and made the schedule for our leadership advance. I then made the menu, duties, and questionnaire for the advance. Now we just need a place to go! If you know of any free or inexpensive places to go within 1-2 hours of Turlock, please let me know at gshazenberg@sbcglobal.net.

Time to prepare the house for our 6th leadership meeting. Blessings to you on this gray, breezy Saturday.

No comments: