Wednesday, March 4, 2009

EQUIP Update

We've had a few milestones lately. Two weeks ago we had a Bible study led by our host. Every one of his kids, their spouses/fiance's, and children were there. There weren't enough chairs! I didn't say much, my norm, as I choose to observe. You could see the comments fly across the room along with questions, beliefs, mis-informed beliefs, humor, slang, a few unmentionable words and every kind of conversation you could imagine. It was loud in that living room and very lively! I walked away thinking that even though this family has some issues, when it came to communication, they're the healthiest group of people I've ever been around! No facades, no image to protect, no "I don't want to appear stupid by saying or asking this so I'll be quiet." It was GREAT!

The next week, (last week) we showed the move Flywheel. It was wonderful seeing every one's reactions to the compromising behavior of the star of the move. At the end, Greg had us pray and the youngest son prayed about making God first. After the prayer, Greg asked him, "Are you really ready to put God first in everything in your life?" He thought, then nodded and said, "Yes." Greg called him out to the center of the living room and gave him a huge hug. Rededicating your life to Christ is a big deal, I know it changed my life many years ago.

Tonight we're having a membership class with our leadership team and our Bible Study group. Afterwards we'll be having cake to celebrate the founding members of EQUIP Church. It's a milestone evening!

God bless!

No comments: