Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Fresh Faith (cont.)

Face the reality of your spiritual situation, and go after anything God has shown you to be stolen property that Satan has cleverly taken from you. The zeal and love for Christ you once had can be recovered. The calling on your life to serve the Lord in a particular ministry can still be fulfilled.

It's not too late, either, for God to reach that son and daughter, no matter where they are or how they seem to be doing. The family that is falling apart right now is not too hard a case for Jesus Christ if you will just stand and begin to ask in faith that he restore what the thief has tried to steal. God will do it, and you will praise him in a new way.


Two very different thoughts here. The first is a reminder to me that our battles are not against flesh and blood. The enemy is the one who is behind the things that we often mistake man for doing. Greg has asked me to write a Crisis Care class for our leadership team to go through on one or two Sunday mornings. I'm 2/3 of the way through it. As I was wrapping up my notes Monday night, I was studying loss and the many types of loss there are. Several times the question was asked, "Are there any losses in your life that you haven't fully grieved over?" I could feel the Lord minister to my heart as there are some that I haven't fully grieved over. I've gone through a range of emotions, like anger, disgust, disappointment in others and myself, disbelief, amazement (in a bad way), and appreciation for how things are now. But I can't say I ever fully grieved over the situations. I need to find the time to be alone and deal with this important question.

The second thought above reminds me of what I'm working on saying at our Easter service this Sunday. I don't want to tip my hand too much, but I've written a 10-12 week parenting class that will start next week and that's part of it. God is a god of redemption. Nothing stolen is ever out of God's reach or will to restore.

Blessings on this breezy Wednesday.

No comments: