Saturday, April 4, 2009

Fresh Faith

This book by Pastor Jim Cymbala talks a lot about faith, obviously. Here are my highlights from Chapter 1 titled Stolen Property:
No matter how low you get, no matter what collapses around you, no matter who rejects you or slanders you-God is able to encourage you. He will help you get through. He will strengthen you deep within your heart in a place no one else can reach.AMEN!

David and his men came to a moment when they chose to get up and go after stolen property.

The moment must come for you and me when we say, "Wait a minute-am I just going to keep sitting here feeling bad for myself? In the name of the Lord, my daughter, my son, my grandchild is going to be reclaimed. In the name of the Lord, I am not going to give up on my calling, my potential in life. Satan, you're going to give back that property! I come against you and resist you in the name of Jesus Christ my Lord."

Remember, we are not wrestling against flesh and blood. We are engaged in spiritual warfare.

Satan wants to snatch this [vibrant heart-faith and childlike trust in the risen, supernatural Christ-the kind of faith that changes the way you live, talk, and feel] more than anything else, for he knows "the righteous will live by faith" (Romans 1:17). He knows that "without faith it is impossible to please God" (Hebrews 11:6). He knows that real faith is our lifeline to God's grace and power. If he can sever the faith connection, he has gained a tremendous victory. He knows that without a living faith, prayer as a force in our lives will be extinguished. We will soon be just mechanically going through the outward forms of religion while experiencing nothing of God's power.


Sometimes I just need to be reminded of all these things. I'm so thankful for books that hold these incredible thoughts. I don't have to rely on my horrible, fading memory. I can just pull them off the shelf and look for yellow!

It's Saturday and we did an extra work day today. I'm pooped! I've got to make dinner before a counseling session at 6:30. Have a blessed, sunny, breezy, Saturday evening.

No comments: