Sunday, July 19, 2009

A Great Loss


We've had our first loss in our church family. Ana Hoggatt, 47, died suddenly and in her sleep on Friday morning. Arrangements are still being made and I will update the post when I learn more.

This is all very surreal. She had such a strong presence on this earth, that it doesn't feel like she's gone and living with the Lord. Besides her great love for her family, I will remember Ana for her hospitality, generosity, compassion, and prayerfulness. She was always crocheting blankets and giving them away, the last one had only one more row to complete. She was always interested in others, their family, and their plans. I chuckled when she asked me if Greg and I were going to have more children. I explained all the reasons why not.

Ana hosted our small group for a year and a half in her home. During that time everyone involved got to see how much she had changed. She finished well. She has been described as both the backbone and glue of her family.

She came to our commissioning last Sunday. I was so glad God allowed her to share that special moment with us. Ana always had "God bless you" and a kiss for your cheek, on her lips.

She is greatly missed.

1 comment:

Joanne Reese said...

Great tribute Sandy. Beautiful lady with a beautiful heart. I will miss her visits into the church.