Tuesday, March 30, 2010

It's Pouring!

I've often titled blogs like this When it Rains, it Pours, so I thought I would be a little different today.

Taking into account that it is before Easter, I can understand why we are experiencing the things we are experiencing.

It started three weeks ago when Greg got sick.

Then the belt on our big mower came off.

Then I got sick.

Then Friday we lost our trailer's license plate in Modesto. I know where we lost it. The Modesto PD was too busy to look for it, so Greg went back up after work and couldn't find it. We did a missing plate report on our way to Tracy yesterday and as I write, Greg is standing in line at the DMV to get a replacement plate.

Then yesterday the same belt came off, along with a large spring, and the drive belt. A spool holding the blade belt was bent. No mower for 24 hours or more. We were very fortunate to be able to drive the mower from where it broke to the trailer and up onto the trailer.

We're also trying to figure out why our taxes are higher this year and are combing through income reports trying to find overstatements. This is a pain and a hassle.

All this while trying to plan for Easter and VBS, landscape the backyard for graduation, and keeping our discipleship and counseling appointments.

It's a little busy, but God is sufficient for all our needs. We're not irritable. We're looking at this time as part of the territory of Pastoring.

I don't mean to whine, just sharing. The Bible tells us to share one another's burdens as well as joys. I don't mind sharing either. What I do mind is when people are unwilling to share the difficult situations. It really robs the body of opportunities to minister and intercede for one another, which promotes spiritual growth.

Thanks for reading. Have a blessed cloudy Tuesday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Grace and peace be multiplied to you in the knowledge of God and of Jesus our Lord. 2 Peter 1:2