Sunday, November 23, 2008

EQUIP Update

Yesterday marked the first leadership training session for EQUIP. The three hour session had plenty of variety. We caught up on every one's week, (which is a really good way to find out prayer requests!), Greg and I shared our testimonies, we went over our vision and values, how EQUIP got it's name and what it stands for, and had a time for worship and prayer. We also shared a meal together. It was a great time and there was lots of laughter. This team will work well together.

If you read my last blog, I had a bit of a panic about how to share my testimony with new parameters placed on me. I tried all week to find the time to dedicate time to preparing this, but couldn't find it. It was an act of faith that God would have me share what was important. The words flowed freely as I spoke of my journey with God. When I was done, which took maybe 5-10 minutes, one of the team members said, "I salute you" a few times. Another team member said we had a lot in common. I take that as a testimony told "rightly", as it deepened my bond with them. Greg told his after me, it was typed out on 2 or 3 pages and he went into great detail. It lasted about 30 minutes and everyone got a good sense of his journey.

I must say it was a frazzled, stressful day. It started with me taking Kristen shopping for a skirt or dress for her to wear today on a school trip. It was required. We spent 4 hours going around Turlock to find something. It is REALLY hard to find something modest for an 85 pound 16-year old these days! Add to that the dress code rule for her school of the hemline being no more than 3 inches from the floor in the kneeling position. And she's much more strict on herself and following these rules than I am. In the end we found 2 skirts and a pair of shoes and she has tops at home she can wear.

Then it was home to clean house (I worked Friday), shower, and put together a salad. I didn't end up with enough time to make the meal so we ordered in. It worked!

Today we have plenty to do after church. Blessings on this gorgeous fall Sunday!

No comments: