Saturday, August 1, 2009

Launch Day!

The moment we've been waiting 22 months for is finally here! Tomorrow we launch weekly services. 275 N. Orange Street, Turlock, 9:00 a.m. Map here.

It's been a dizzying 24 hours. Yesterday afternoon, after a doctors appt. (I lost 10 lbs.!!!!!!) and several errands, I bought a laptop for the church to run our lyrics on during worship. I downloaded a trial version of MediaShout and bought a copy and hastily learned to use it last night.

Today after grocery shopping at 7:30, putting a roast in the crock pot, cutting up several melons, and making potato salad, I started loading the lyrics for 5 songs for tomorrow. We are blessed to have Sam Cotton lead our worship!! After having difficulties with downloading videos from the Internet in the proper format and converting them, I practiced putting together the new playpen/bassinet/changing table for the nursery. We ran the laptop over to Josh at a friend's house. He and his friend are working on the video part tonight. Teamwork!!!

Came home to start doing the bulletin, yes, I didn't get the info until today. It didn't take too long, about an hour to create it, print, fold, and stuff it. I pulled everything else together for the refreshments and offering and after this blog, we will be snuggling on the sofa to watch Flyboys. It's the kind of movie that will probably put me to sleep, which I need.

Oh yeah, a funny thing happened to me today. I lost half a tooth. Dentist on Tuesday.

Five of us went door to door on the west side Thursday night and handed out flyers to folks inviting them to church, and prayed with them. It was fun. We met some great people. Greg and several others went out this morning and canvassed more of the neighborhood. It will be good to see who comes!

Blessings on this beautiful, breezy Saturday evening.

No comments: