Saturday, December 15, 2007

A Very Embarassing Moment

I admit it, I was due for one of these. I can't remember my last embarassing moment, but this one happened yesterday.

I took Kristen to her drum lesson. As we pulled up in front of the music store, Kristen said, "What's he doing?" There was a man with scruffy hair standing in front of the window with his back to us. A bush was covering him from the waist down. As I looked at him up against the window, I noticed his right hand shaking up and down very quickly. I thought, "Oh great, how am I going to get her inside the building without her seeing this?" I told her "Don't look." She said, "Eeewwww gross!" I made sure I positioned myself between her and him as another music student held the door open for us. We went in as quickly as possible, looking straight ahead.

We were immediately met by the drum teacher and went in the music room. I said, "You might want to check the guy standing in front of the front window." He said, "Really?" I said, "Really." He left right away and came back about 15 seconds later. He said, "You mean Jerry? The guy painting our window? He's a helper around here." I said, "It didn't look like he was painting the window." He hadn't started painting yet, he was just standing in front of a clean window, obviously shaking a can of paint. There were no rocks to climb under.

Uuuuugggggghhhhhh . . .

When I got home and the kids were out of earshot, I told Greg. He laughed so hard and turned so red I thought he would never stop. He asked permission to tell a few of his guy friends from church and I said, sure. I'm happy to give a good laugh when I can.

No comments: