Thursday, December 13, 2007

I'm baaaccccckkkk . . .

I think. We have a couple of things going on in our life right now, one of which I can't disclose yet, maybe in the spring. The other is our remodel. It's scarry just to say the word.

We're getting plans drawn up to enclose our patio to extend our livingroom and diningroom. Along with this is a kitchen remodel, paint, and tile. We don't know yet just what it will cost but have an idea of how much we're not going to spend.

We've looked at countertops, tile, appliances, etc. It makes my head swirl. Too many choices, too many stores to go to. It makes me uncomfortable not knowing if I'm getting the best deal or if saving money is just around the corner if I had just gone to another place.

Through all this, though, I have God's peace. Next year at this time our lives could be very, very different. I reminds me of when I knew I was going to marry Greg. There was anticipation, and I felt like I was riding on the coattails of something far better and faster than myself, legs flailing about in the wind behind me. I just had to hold on. I'm holding on now. I can't let go. Where we're going will be amazing, hard work, super high highs, and super low lows, but all worth it because it is God's will for us at this time.

Some say that being in God's will by following Him is the safest place to be. I agree. Some say that being in God's will by following Him is the most dangerous place to be. I agree with that too. I guess it's how you look at it.

Are you willing to be wherever God calls you to be? Safe or dangerous? Do you even have a choice, really?

1 comment:

RWC said...

Glad your Back!!!