Sunday, October 28, 2007

Old Faithful

As I was reading my friend Joanne's blog today, I decided to piggy-back on what she wrote. She talked about how wonderful it was to pick up her older, worn Bible that she spent so much time with.

It reminded me that I do that too, from time to time. I, too, have a Life Application Bible, but it is my newer one. I love it for the explanations at the bottom and the fresh wording, after spending years with my NIV Study Bible. But about 30 percent of the time, I travel back to my NIV. There's something comforting about the translation. Looking at all the highlights, it reminds me of the priciples that were so important to me as a single mom for 13 years. Those were the years I clung on to God with every bit of strength that I had. It was a real faith building time for me. God was ever so faithful.

I remember when he provided for us when a month and a half of child support was stolen from my front porch. When he provided for us when the cost of childcare and private education for my kids reached over $1000 a month and child support was often inconsistent and varied in amount. He was faithful when Mark ran off after the dog down the street at the age of 7 and around the corner and I couldn't find him and had to call the police. He was faithful when he was my constant companion when no one else was for those 13 years. He was faithful in helping me keep my job at least twice in spite of layoffs in my department. He was faithful in calling me into ministry when I had no clue, but only a passion.

He's still faithful. I see His hand in many situations in my life and in others'. The peace and joy that comes as a result of knowing God can't be beat by anything on this earth. Do you know God? I'd be happy to introduce you.

No comments: