Wednesday, October 3, 2007

I'm So Blessed

Sometimes Greg and I get into a cute little argument about who is more blessed. It goes something like, "I'm so blessed." "No, you're the best, I'm so blessed."

Today I feel blessed. I've had a difficult couple of weeks, but the family of God has come through. Last week I received an email from the proprietor of a bed and breakfast that Greg and I stayed at last year for our anniversary. I've been recommending people to them and they sent me an email saying they were giving Greg and I a free night's stay. It couldn't have come at a better time. I SO need to get away and clear my head. We're going in a few weeks and staying an extra night.

Today I had someone from our church come in my office and ask for a form. I asked if she and her husband signed up for a small group on Sunday. The conversation transitioned to her telling me how Greg led a leadership retreat with her previous church and how wonderful it was. She said he did a great job and how much fun it was. This was the encouragement Greg needed.

When I got home today, I found a wonderful card in my mailbox from a ministry leader at our church. She wanted to thank Greg for praying for the coffee machine on Sunday that was on the fritz (it started working right afterwards). The experience blessed her and she thanked Greg and I for all we do. This was the encouragement I needed.

I'm so thankful for those in our church who listen to God's prompting and answer the call to encourage. You may never know how you'll impact someone's day or week or month.

May God truly bless all three of these angels. My heart will not forget your kindness.

No comments: