Thursday, October 11, 2007

God's Timing

Yesterday was a great day. I had a date with my very handsome 18 year old son at his school for lunch. I've got to tell you, if you've never eaten at the CSU Stanislaus cafeteria, you have missed a premier eating establishment. It was FABULOUS! I had a CLT (chicken, lettuce, tomato) combo. Over a year ago they went to 100% trans fat free. Those were the best fries I've ever eaten. The prices were great, the selection fantastic, and everything looked and smelled wonderful. The service was great and the atmosphere at Mom's very comfortable. I've found a new restaurant for sure. Mark was ever the gentleman, opening every door, carrying everything, great conversation, it was a lunch to remember. It's so cool to raise a young man and then have him take you to lunch. As every year of his his life, it's a great age.

This week my Doctor got back to me on what to take for my shoulder inflammation to help speed the process of breaking it free. 400 mg of Advil, twice a day. I bought the Advil Tuesday and planned to start it this week. Yesterday he called to say he had a better drug, a pain killer, and was calling the prescription in. On the good side, it probably doesn't have blood pressure side effects. On the bad side, it can make me sleepy, so it's a narcotic, maybe even addictive. I planned to pick it up last night but got way-layed by other things I had to do, namely, exercising my arm, walking with Greg, and meeting Mark to pick out a tie for his gig Saturday.

Lo and behold, as I heated my arm and started my exercises, I was amazed to see my shoulder move further back than it had since March. Most of the pain and impingement was gone. Even the discomfort after exercising was less. I was elated.

It was as if God was saying, "I don't want you on narcotics, I can help you, here you go." It was a breakthrough to be sure. I can't wait to show my PT Friday and see what she says.

I appreciate everyone's prayers and concern over my shoulder. It's been a strange journey. I'll keep you posted.

No comments: