Thursday, March 27, 2008

Spiritual Warfare #21

Discovering God's Goodness and Overcoming Insecurity by Charles Stanley

He [God] wants to set you free from the bondage of insecurity and help you to be the person He has created you to be.

What are the effects of insecurity?
1. A lack of lasting relationships
2. A perception of being prideful or snobbish
3. Indecisiveness
4. A fearful attitude
5. A brooding sense of anger
6. A record of being passed over for promotions and honors
7. The inability to meet others and establish friendships
8. The belief that success is based on the praise, approval, and acceptance of others
9. The desire to be in charge of every conversation

Take the Right Steps to Overcome Insecurity
If you are battling insecurity, how do you overcome it? One of the most important steps is to ask God to expose the problem of insecurity. A courageous spirit is not something that we receive at birth. We gain courage through faith in God.

If he [the enemy] notices you turning a fearful or insecure ear to listen to his accusations, he will open up a full assault on your emotions until you have collapsed in the dust of disappointment.

The way to overcome insecurity is to anchor your heart, soul, and mind to the unshakable love and power of the living God through faith in Jesus Christ.

You can't enjoy life if you feel insecure. You can't accomplish the goals God has given you if you feel overwhelmed and fearful. At some point, each one of us will battle insecurity.

The next area lists the ways to overcome insecurity. It's long so we'll stop here today.

I had a taste of my own medicine yesterday. I blogged about looking at situations from 20,000 feet up not from the muck of the current circumstances. I was hit with a big circumstance yesterday and felt pretty disappointed. As Greg and I went on our walk, God reminded me of my blog. "Listen to your own advice." Okay, yes, I was believing the worse before knowing how it would turn out, plus I was only looking at the situation, not the bigger picture of why this was happening. Was it another test of my faith? Another learning experience? I can see how God will use this in the future, so maybe it is good for me to go through. I'm not going to worry about it, we'll just go with the flow and see what happens. (For those of you who worry, no one is sick.) Have a blessed day.

No comments: