Monday, February 16, 2009

Doing Better

It was a rough week. Thankfully my boss is really good at letting me stay home to get well. That, coupled with the rain, didn't make a huge impact on the business. I went to the doctor last week and was told I had an upper respiratory infection. I was given some steroid nose spray and told to take a decongestant to clear my nose and ears. Hating to take medicine, I opted for the nose spray only, since he made me take the first dose in the office, as the other can raise my blood pressure. The next day I woke to a very blood shot eye that lasted all day. The next day a web of puss covered the inside corner of my eye and the other eye was starting to do the same thing. Off to the opthamalogist, who told me I was having a reaction to the upper respiratory infection. A week of eye drops and I'll be all better. The bad thing is I can't wear contacts for that week because I have to put drops in 4 times a day. I go back to work on Wednesday, the drops finish on Friday, or do I want to stop them early? I don' want to wear OSHA safety glasses over my glasses. Something to consider. Enough about me.

We have our Assimilation Director for our church. Mary Pritchard will oversee the greeters, the new visitor gifts, follow-up on new attendees, and connecting people. Please continue to pray about the building. It's the last ingredient. I'll be working with Loraine on our prayer letter this week. If you would like to receive it to keep updated on what's going on with EQUIP, just let me know. gshazenberg@sbcglobal.net.

Off to find Kristen something she needs for Homecoming on Saturday. Blessings on this windy, gray Monday.

No comments: