Sunday, February 1, 2009

Happy Super Bowl Sunday!

God is moving! Thank you for praying for our 3 prayer needs: a building, a Worship Director, and a Christian Education Director. We are seeing things happen in all three of these areas. Nothing is in stone yet, so keep praying but they look promising!

We had our third board meeting yesterday. Please pray for John Dupree, one of our board members. He has been ill since returning from a conference and stayed home last Thursday from a Missions Pastor's luncheon he was putting on last week in hopes he would be better to attend our board meeting. Unfortunately, he was too ill to attend. We did finalize our Constitution and By-laws and update the board on everything God has been doing. Our leadership team arrived and met two of the board members and shared their hearts and histories. Then we stopped and had lunch before Roger headed back to Mariposa. We finished with our leadership meeting, with me teaching this time.

I must say God has been growing me in the area of hospitality. I am actually enjoying preparing meals for groups and sharing our home. After the leadership meeting, Greg and I had to go to work for an hour or two and finish up some maintenance. It was a good, eventful, full, joyful, variety-packed day.

Today I made my famous butt-cake for the Superbowl. I blogged about this last year, so I won't bore you with the details. I did a few things differently, and it came out better than it ever has. Yeah!

Today I work at my desk and take Kristen shopping for a formal and shoes before the Superbowl madness starts. I think I also have to do the shopping for the advance. My fridge is pretty full from yesterday, so maybe I'll wait until Tuesday night.

Blessings on this sunny, clear, warm Super Bowl Sunday. Go 9ers! Okay, go Cardinals. (Greg's team, he's a Kurt Warner fan).

2 comments:

Michele B said...

Well, I venture back into the world of blogging today. Just sticking my toes in the water, so to speak. I've had your blog bookmarked forever, and was actually thinking about your Super Bowl entry from last year. Just for no particular reason, I clicked on the bookmark, and lo and behold!! Butt cake lives.

Thank you for not changing when so many things in my life have. I know, I know, that's the Lord's job. But thank you for being His representative. It's a baby step for me that you made possible!

Sandy Hazenberg said...

Thanks Michele! I've been hoping and praying you would return to blogging. I can't wait to check it out!

You will bless so many people.
Love,
Sandy