Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Do You Ever Feel Like This?

I'm so glad I subscribed to Leadership Today email. I'm really enjoying the articles. I came across this one and thoroughly enjoyed it. I can relate to it.

It talks about Gregory the Great, a Pope from the first century and the spiritual struggle in his life. God created Gregory to be a contemplative person. He's someone who craves time with God, time in prayer, time in silence, away from the hustle and bustle of administrative chores and the world. Are you ever frustrated that your obligations pull you away from God? You don't want to let people down, so you end up letting your spirit down instead.

I'm contemplative as well. I need time alone, time in peace and quiet, time to re-group and think things through. I think so much Greg says I have 'garbage dreams'. I talk in my sleep from time to time, rattling off grocery lists and making dreamy quilts of scraps of everything that happened that day. It's how I dump stuff that has concerned me. I tend to over analyze in my thought life, though I don't over analyze when I have to make a decision. I'm pretty clear in figuring out the best thing to do. I'm not one to talk about myself, which can bother some relational people. I've been viewed as private, conservative and reserved. However, if someone cares enough to take the time to get to know me, they find me quite the opposite and they take great joy in this discovery that not many people get to see.

I hope you enjoy(ed) the article on Gregory the Great. On a side note, if you haven't seen Taking Chance, an HBO movie, please see it. It stars Kevin Bacon, who does an excellent job in this movie. I cried for the whole last 2/3 of the movie. Seriously!

Other great movies I've seen lately are Flywheel, Fireproof, Facing the Giants, and Saving God. I especially liked Saving God. They've got to do a sequel.

Anyway, blessings on this sunny, warm February Wednesday.

No comments: