Sunday, September 27, 2009

All Fours

As I was sitting at my blog dashboard, I saw that it said I had 444 blog posts.  The saying popped into my head, "Dial all 4's for legal help."  I had heard that commercial so many times that their little reminder line stuck, so that when I saw all 4's, I thought of their legal firm.

God tells us to do something like that.  He says to hide His Word in our hearts.  That means to read it, study it, memorize it, and meditate on it.  The purpose is so that when we need strength to fight a battle or just to stand firm, God's scripture will encourage us.  When we need wisdom to make a decision or mentor someone, His scripture guides us.  And when we need to share our faith, His Word reminds us how.

I don't know about you, but memorizing scripture gets more difficult as the years go by.  How I wish I had memorized more 20 years ago!  Please encourage your children to continue to memorize scripture into their teens, 20's and 30's when their brains are still operating at peak performance.  It will give them a strong foundation as they enter the later years.

Have a blessed very warm, Lord's day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amen!