Friday, September 18, 2009

Good News/Bad News

It's baaaacccckkkk! Let's start with the bad news. I have frozen shoulder syndrome (adhesive capsulitis) again, this time in my left shoulder! 60% of all frozen shoulder patients get it in the other shoulder withing 2-3 years. I went to the physical therapist and it was 2 years and 2 days since my last diagnosis and beginning of therapy.

Now for the good news. You can never get it in the same shoulder twice, and since I only have 2 shoulders, I won't have to face this again! I also know that by New Years I was good as new, so 3 months of exercises, 1 hour 3 times a day, and I'll be done! After the physical therapy stretching and doing exercises yesterday it already feels better. We're also catching it a little sooner this time in the process since I recognized what it was and didn't have to go through an x-ray, MRI, and injection like last time.

My prayer is that it doesn't interfere with work. Already there are things I'm having trouble doing, like starting equipment and lifting in certain positions. Thankfully winter is coming, which means our customers will be on a 10-day rotation, instead of 7-day, which eases up our work load a little.

You can learn more about it here.

No comments: