Thursday, August 21, 2008

Time to Re-Group

We've lived with half-organized chaos since Saturday when our living room became our pantry and our room addition became our kitchen. I'm surprised I've still been able to provide decent meals to my family in spite of not having a stove or oven. Greg hasn't even bar-b-qued once yet (but his time is coming!). As I've had almost a week to maneuver around boxes, cabinets, tables, and extension cords, I think it is time to re-arrange things to make them more easily accessible. If I hadn't tried to make things work this way first, I never would have known how I would prefer them. I don't dare think this will be the end-all location of everything for the next 3 weeks, but I know it will be an improvement.

It's kind of like our spiritual walk. We walk this way for a period of time, and we discover the areas that need improvement and we make adjustments to make things better. Sometimes we discover what changes need to be made ourselves, but sometimes we need others to point out our rough edges and the areas in our lives that aren't honoring to God.

We're seeing this very thing happen at our prayer meetings. A family is making a stand for doing things God's way and changes are happening. It's not easy, as one of their children (a young adult) has left the home. They said they haven't had this kind of peace in their home in a very long time. We anxiously anticipate the return of this prodigal son with a repentant heart. The parents needed to be challenged to live for God in every area of their lives. It's hard, but we're seeing transformation occur before our very eyes.

May the Holy Spirit and friends and family be able to speak into our lives to help us grow in Christ. Blessings his amazing Thursday.

No comments: