Thursday, January 31, 2008

No Nuggets Today

Since we finished the book yesterday, I thought I would catch you up on other stuff.

Last Friday I graduated from Physical Therapy! I truly felt all my adhesions in my shoulder were broken. I had 100% range of motion on two out of three movements and I'm almost there on the last and most complicated movement. About a week ago I had the absolute joy of once again hooking and unhooking my bra behind my back. You might be thinking 'how can that be a joy?' Well, when you haven't been able to do it for about 9 months, it is a very practical joy. That is actually one of the tests they do on you to see if you have frozen shoulder syndrome. I still have to do exercises 3 times a day and if I skip, it's tight and sore. Greg learned how to stretch me the way the PT does, and it really helps a lot. So, I'm almost at the end of this dark, one year tunnel. Yeah!!!!

I was sick for two weeks with a cough and am just about over it. Greg and Kristen have had a sore throat for a couple of days and I hope it doesn't turn into the cough.

I had a cool thing happen yesterday. I blogged about not copying other churches, then I went and read Perry Noble's blog (which I rarely read but enjoy when I do) and lo and behold, he said the same thing! Check it out here.

So, while I was blogging on Erwin's book, I read Blue Like Jazz by Donald Miller. It's a colorful book about his spiritual journey. I think it is written more for a guy's eyes than a girl's, but it was entertaining. Some good stuff.

I've also started a cool book by WorldVision called Fed Up - Showing the World You Can Make a Difference. It's a devotional that is stirring up my heart for the poverty stricken. It's written for those youth who are doing the 30 Hour Famine. It's really good.

Still reading Perspectives and my Bilingual Bible. I really enjoy translating Spanish. I do need to work on my vocabulary though. 9th grade was a long ways back!

Until tomorrow, blessings . . .

No comments: