Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Spiritual Warfare

There's a reason God has been having me read Ephesians lately. Several times I've turned to that book without trying and read it all the way through in one setting. The whole, Eph. 6:12 and the passage on the Armor of God seem to be recurring themes for me. I think this is why.

Aside from yesterday, I had 2 dreams last week and Greg had one night before last, that were just creepy!

Both my dreams had to do with snakes, Greg's with zombies. In my first dream, my family was all busy in their rooms doing something. I was in the kitchen, walked into the livingroom, and saw an aquarium slightly tipped over and without a lid. A light somehow shone on the garter snake inside. (We really don't have a snake or aquarium). In the dream I decided to check on it and as I slowly walked towards it, I startled it and it started to move. I began to walk backwards. As I did, it got more agitated, jumped out of the aquarium and speedily slithered after me. About 6 feet away it caught up with me, wrapped itself around my left calf and started trying to bite me through my jeans. Then I woke up.

In my second dream, I was at some kind of retreat and was walking down a residential street. On the left side of the street there was a missing house or two and instead was a shoreline with a lake behind it. I saw what appeared to be a large black tire tread, all twisted up and about five feet tall. I walked towards it to get a better look. As I did, it started to pulsate like it was breathing, then it started to slither like a snake and untangle itself. I started heading the opposite direction across the street to a house and as I did, it turned into a snow leopard. It was beautiful, soft and spotted, but very very hungry and it wanted to eat me and Greg. We ran to the house, which was my grandparent's house when I was growing up, and then I woke up.

In Greg's dream we were traveling and found out the zombie's didn't travel during the daytime. We met someone who told us we would be safe at the ocean so we went there. I was cold so Greg saw a blanket and went to pick it up and underneath was some kind of creature. I didn't want the blanket after that. There were other creatures walking around, they were Christians, but they were like half zombie half creature. At one point in the dream, the zombies were guarding us, Greg knew the only way to get free was for him to leave me, get help, and come back. He did. He found himself needing to hide from the zombies and I tapped him on the shoulder and he was happily surprised to find I had freed myself. At another part of the dream I had a bat and totally knocked a zombie's head off to save us.

If you can decipher dreams, I'm listening. I think the enemy is messing with us but if there are other meanings, let me know. Prayers are appreciated.

1 comment:

Michele B said...

Sandy, I'm sorry I'm behind on your blog and didn't read this till now. I don't know that I can interpret dreams, but I have some observations.

I really think these dreams are all related, and I think maybe they have to do with your prayer walks. You mention "traveling" and "walking down a residential street." I think Satan is roaring mad about your prayer walks! The snake wrapped itself around your "left leg," obviously making it difficult for you to walk at all. And the left side is more associated with evil (e.g. Jesus separated the goats to His left... the word "sinister" comes from the Latin, something like "sinistre" meaning "left." You can look it up in the dictionary).

You mentioned prayer for the spirituality of Christians in their houses. I really think that relates to the part about the Christians who were half zombies. The Lord wants to wake up the Christians in our communities who are only half alive. And Lord knows there's a bunch of 'em.

I also noticed there was mention of a shoreline (lake in one, ocean in another). Aren't the seas associated with large numbers of people in the Bible?

I don't know, but I feel like yes, Satan is messing with you, but also that God is allowing you to see it so you'll know what's going on behind the scenes.

I also think the fact that you both had dreams in which you and Greg were there is important. I think to keep the marriage on solid ground is even more important than we often realize, and is a great threat to Satan. Mike and I have noticed that when we take a spiritual leap forward, so many times we either get in a big fight right after, or are able just to narrowly avoid one because we know what's going on.

Anyway, I'm praying. I'll run this by Mike, as well. As far as I'm concerned, you can moderate this anyway you want, from publishing it as is, up to and including not publishing it at all; the comment is primarily for your eyes.