Friday, September 7, 2007

A Day of Apprehension

All morning I've felt uneasy. Queezy. Nervous. Some of it might be physiological, as Greg hasn't been feeling well this week. Maybe it's sympathy sickness. I think the biggest part is the tie I have to Mark, as he prepares to have all his wisdom teeth pulled this afternoon, some of which are impacted.

He doesn't like needles and medical visits any more than I do, but needles have caused him to pass out and have seizures the last two times. He seems more concerned with the pain after the extractions than the IV. I'm more concerned how he'll handle the IV. It will be a nerve wracking hour as we wait in the waiting room for him. Prayers are appreciated.

I've been praying for him for the last few weeks as we have known of this appointment. I've tried to not show too much of my motherly concern, but my heart aches for what he has to go through today. All I've been able to do when I think about it is sigh and say my poor baby. I'm realizing that it's true, now matter how old your kids get, there is an unmistaken tie that doesn't break. You can't disengage from it. You can't say, that's them, it's not happening to me, because for some reason, part of it is happening to me.

If this is how we mere mortals feel about our kids, can you imagine how our Father must feel when we go through tough times? I'm thankful he is always with us, always knowing every detail, every thought, feeling and fear. Lord, help me cast these cares on you today, as they're just too heavy for me to carry.

No comments: