Monday, September 3, 2007

A Full Sunday

Yesterday was a good day. Full, but good. Church was wonderful as usual. I had the opportunity to meet with a fairly new believer who wanted to volunteer. I just love getting to know people who feel it is time to serve. She has a wonderful heart. As I asked questions, I was drawn in. This is someone I would love to get to know more. To know where she would best serve, I encouraged her to take the Spiritual Gifts Inventory on our website, as well as our Spiritual Pathway Assessment. I have her our Discovering Your Ministry booklet for her to go through, as we won't be having our class in September. There are many places for her to serve and I can't wait to see how God has designed her for ministry. She also asked if there was someone who could help her grow. I seem to be getting a lot of these requests lately, as well as some from people who want to help others grow. The fruit is starting to ripen for harvest.

After church, Greg and I went to a couple's home, who we met during our first Dinners For Eight at our house. They live in Hickman. We were able to talk for some time as she prepared a wonderful meal. We met three of their children who were in their teens and early 20's. After lunch, we were given a tour of their home, their 4 acres of land, goats, horses, dogs, and cats. We even got to go to their daughters' home and see the beautiful quilting she does. After the tour, we came back and had pie. We got some time alone and encouraged them in an area that we knew they were struggling in. They were open and appreciative and we prayed together. It was a wonderful afternoon.

After dinner, it was finally cool enough to venture outside for a walk. Greg and I love to walk, holding hands and talking.

When Mark got home Greg and I spent quite a while talking with him. It was a very emotional talk for me. I didn't even think I could pray without bawling, but I made it through with God's strength.

This morning Greg ran with me. I had mentioned to him last night how we should try and run into our neighbors who we helped with their marriage. Low and behold, as we were running our normal mile around our neighborhood at 7 am, she pulled into her driveway. As we started talking he pulled up pulling their boat. They were off to the lake for the day. We were able to catch up on how they were doing as well as their kids. All is well and even better than before. God is so good, and so faithful.

Today, I get to work on my dig! Can't wait!

No comments: