Thursday, September 4, 2008

The Build Has Begun!

After weeks of destruction, yesterday we saw the fruit. The cabinets got installed!
My driveway yesterday.
My contractor and cabinet guy.


The cabinet for the double ovens.

Tomorrow I'll try and show pictures of all the cool cabinet features. Yesterday the inspection cleared for insulation and plywood to go up outside. We'll get the whole house fan installed and cabinets adjusted. Fun! What hasn't been fun was our washing machine went out a couple of nights ago. It leaked water and smelled like a hamburger restaurant. That' what I smelled, Greg smelled rubber burning. We decided to just buy a new one rather than hassle the repair route. It's already been repaired at least once After the $200 appliance rebate from buying all our appliances, it didn't cost too much at all. God sure timed that one well. Last night Greg and I picked it out and Mark and Greg brought it home and installed it. Tonight I get to do laundry. Yeah!

We have much still to do on our end. Some painting, linoleum removal, carpet removal, and tile installation. I've got to get the bathroom re-done too. All this and I'm craving a trip to the ocean for some peace and solitude, an escape from the chaos. I cant' wait until it's done and I can put everything away and clean everything well and decorate. That will be my joy. Greg's is landscaping the backyard. Whaoo.

Got to go. Blessings this beautiful Thursday.

No comments: