Thursday, September 11, 2008

We've Got Granite!


Yesterday I went home for lunch and to my surprise the granite guy was there. We walked in and the smell of glue (epoxy) hit us. I couldn't round the corner fast enough. To my surprise, the granite was much darker than I expected. I was expecting this milk chocolate brown and all I saw was black. Looking closer, I saw the brown and flecks of silver. It was the same granite but it's surprising how dark it looks in different lighting. It looks really sharp, playing off the black streaks in the edges of the cabinets. The edge is a narrow bevel. It's a great contrast. The look on the contractor's face was a smile frozen in time. He was waiting for me to say "I love it." I can't just yet but I'm working on it. I have to equate my thoughts of what I expected it to look like to what it actually looks like. It may lighten with all the lights on it. It is beautiful. Mark and Greg both said they like it better more black than brown.

Today the appliances get installed. Yeah! I get to cook! I get to use the countertops! In a week I'll have handles and little things fixed. Yeah! The whole house fan is too large for the trusses, which can't be cut because they're engineered to keep the roof up. So, I have to return the one we bought and get a little smaller one.

Our Bible Study was great last night. We did a survey of what books of the Bible people wanted to study, what people of the Bible, and what topics. There was some overlap. Greg wants to touch on four different things for a few weeks to give them a taste of what each would be like, then pick one to study in depth. Should be fun.

Lots of great things happening the next few days. Because Greg committed to volunteering at the church this Saturday, we're moving our garage sale to the next Saturday.

Blessings this beautiful Thursday.

No comments: