Friday, September 12, 2008

Inch by Inch

Last night I got to cook on our new cooktop! We had a breakfast dinner. It was great! Jim even said how very nice the cooktop was. It glows in red! It senses when something is on it or not, and tells you when it is still warm. It even has a timer. Five burners is so nice! I've been cooking on 3 because 1 was flakey for about a year. Right now they're wiring the sub panel into the main panel so I can have the double ovens working.



Yesterday was a bit of a hard day. I had a filling at the dentist. I was blessed it was so quick, about 30 minutes because it was just a crack that created a chip, though the chip was still in place between my molars. The hygienist flossed the chip under a filling about 2 weeks ago. The bad thing about the work yesterday was I think he drilled parts of my tongue accidentally. I have these pink grooves on the side of my tongue and he mentioned the most challenging part of the filling was keeping my tongue out of the way and the tooth dry. Yesterday it was so sore! A little gly-oxide and I'm much better.

Today will be a great day. I get my back fixed. I get to shop for pots and pans and silverware and dishes. I get to have my first training lesson on the x-mark 60" mower. I think the fridge and dishwasher and faucet will be installed today so I'll have running water in the kitchen!!! That's the thing I've missed the most for sure. You probably don't realize how much you wash your hands and food when cooking until you have to walk to the bathroom every single time to use the sink. And that's only if no one is using the bathroom, otherwise it's a trip further back in the house to the master bathroom. I shouldn't complain, some people don't have clean running water at all. I'm blessed.

Time to finish breakfast and hit the stores for the 9:00 openings. Blessings this gorgeous sunny Friday.

No comments: