Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Hello Again!

After having a few days off from blogging, I feel like I've been away a very long time. My computer has been unplugged and under plastic, I've run short on time and one day I had absolutely nothing to say.

Greg and I had to go to San Leandro yesterday morning to pick out our granite slabs. For some reason I thought when looking for the same name of granite, they would all look pretty much the same. Nope! What we saw in February at Bedrosians was nothing like what we saw at GMS. The colors were muted and two opposing corners had huge fissures in them. I declined those slabs and suggested we go check out some other stores. There are several in a very close area. The next place had slabs that were clean (no fissures) and had more of the contrast I was looking for. I still wanted to look around so we went to a few more and ended up buying at the second store.

Today the cabinets go it. The contractor saw them yesterday and said they were beautiful. Our cabinet maker is a perfectionist and and artist with a great eye. I can't wait to see them! I hope the granite goes well.

We're having a huge remodel garage sale this Saturday. Kitchen cabinets, light fixtures, furniture, drapes, blinds, windows, appliances large and small, a California King pillowtop mattress, you name it! In a few weeks, carpet and a sliding glass door. If you live nearby and are interested in any of it, let me know and you can have it before Saturday. Everything must go!

Blessings on this gorgeous Wednesday.

No comments: