Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Get a Clue

I always know when God is speaking to me through Greg. He'll say something that is unlike our normal conversation, kind of like a, 'which one of these things doesn't belong' picture. But they do belong, don't they? We should constantly be looking for those things that God uses to speak to us. He uses the people in our lives, circumstances, Pastors, His Word, His whisper, and in those really cool instances, His audible voice. We should always be looking for those clues.

I'm not going to say what Greg said last night, but it was timely and put things in perspective for me. It shrunk me down to the little person I should be in relation to God's greatness. It wasn't condemning or anything close to it, but it made me see what Christ endured for us, and how easy we have it. It made me stop whining. I'm going to savor it for several days at least.

Another clue I got was this morning. Greg kissed me good-bye and said, 'Have a great quiet time today.' He says this sometimes. But today it stood out. I had planned to exercise this morning, but in light of what he said, I decided to allow for extra time with God. As a result, He gave me two excellent passages that helped me even further. I was able to put more in perspective and be encouraged. I was validated and felt God was empathizing with me.

Be watchful. Expect God in everything, throughout your day. Blessings on this awesome Tuesday!

No comments: