Friday, July 18, 2008

Triangles


We have triangles! I know there must be a technical term for them, but that is the newest step in our journey of our remodel.

Here are a few more examples of triangles. Sitting at the dining room table at my sister-in-law's house, my brother was asking about God. He said he didn't under stand the whole trinity thing, 3-in-one person. My daughter explained it this way. It's like a napkin folded into a triangle. It's still one triangle, but it has 3 corners. It made sense to him.

Another triangle example is triangulation. I never heard this term until a few years ago. It's when one person has an issue with another person, and instead of talking to that person directly, they talk to an uninterested 3rd party, who then goes and talks to that person. It's not a healthy situation and is in opposition to Matthew 18 which talks about talking directly to the person who offended you. It's the way to avoid gossip.

I have no other triangle examples, and have a busy day scheduled, so I must be off. Blessings on this cool, sunny Friday. Prayer walk tomorrow, thanks for praying for it.

No comments: