Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Spiritual Maturity

I just love my Bible. It's a New Living Translation Life Application Bible. It has a lot of great features. One of them is that it gives tables here and there on different things. I found one today in Hebrews that I wanted to share with you.

The Choices of Maturity

Mature Choices / Immature Choices

Teaching Others / just being taught
Developing depth of understanding / struggling with the basics
Self-evaluation / self-criticism
Seeking unity / promoting disunity
Desiring spiritual challenges / desiring entertainment
Careful study and observation / opinions and halfhearted efforts
Active faith / cautious apathy and doubt
Confidence / fear
Feelings and experiences evaluated in the light of God's Word /
experiences evaluated according to
feelings


I really enjoy seeing things in black and white like this. It helps me evaluate where I am. Where are you? Pick an area you're weak in and work on it. It's a constant process, but it's a fun process. Blessings to you this hot (again!)Wednesday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

1 John 2:12,13
Philippians 3:10
Ephesians 4:14,15