Friday, October 31, 2008

A Mysterious White Powder

Okay, so it's not so mysterious, but a white powder covers everything. Last night Greg grinded the concrete floor of the kitchen. We did our best to tape plastic over everything, but quickly found pockets of what looked like smoke billowing into the kitchen and living room. Donned with our masks and vacuum cleaners strategically placed, we did our best to eliminate the damage. No matter how much I wipe things down, there's more dust! I'm fighting a losing battle I'm afraid.

I've found a huge blessing in my new found occupation. Besides working for and with my husband, being self-employed, getting stronger, and having a flexible schedule, I found that I can connect with God throughout the day even better than when I worked for a church. Alone in God's creation, picking weeds, caring for the plants He made, I find myself listening to the Holy Spirit more. Without the distractions of the demands of others, I knelt this week on a rocky, hilly planter in the middle of a beautiful lawn. As I pulled weeds it occurred to me that weeds were everywhere. Kind of like sin, it's everywhere. I was appointed to help remove it. But my abilities are limited. I can pull them out, temporarily stopping them from view, but they could pop back up again. Only God can remove them for good. Kind of like sin. Does that mean God is like Round-up? I can't quite make that connection, but I do know that the more we desire to be like Christ and form a closer relationship with Him, the more sin is replaced with the things of God. We no longer desire to chase after the things of this world, they become less and less appealing. We desire to replace them with the Godly thoughts and actions.

Take time today to experience God's creation. It's going to rain today, but rain is a beautiful thing that God has provided. Find Him in His creation today. Blessings on the rainy Friday!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

May Our Heavenly Father continue to draw you closer as you walk faithfully with Him.

2Timothy 2:20-22