Sunday, October 26, 2008

Update

I'm slapping myself for being so sporadic in my blogging and having to try and remember where I left off Tuesday! Wednesday night was our Bible Study on the westside. We had our new youth pastors Josh and Monica over so everyone could get to know them and they had instant rapport. We played a game called Loaded Questions which was great in getting everyone to know each other better. We laughed constantly. I get to teach this week and then next week we'll start a marriage series. Josh and Monica will be caring for and teaching the six little ones so all the adults can focus on the teaching.

Wednesday Greg and I worked the Turlock route and Thursday we were in Modesto. Greg assigned me my first area to be totally responsible for; the rose gardens and planters around the sanctuary of a church in Modesto. Friday I helped him for a couple of hours at our church and got to mow a new area.

Yesterday one of the couples at our small group was having a garage sale to make rent and we saw the opportunity to bless them. We called them Friday night and told them we had appliances and boxes of kitchen stuff they could have if they wanted it to sell. They came over at 7 yesterday and picked it all up. It blessed us to have it gone. Greg rearranged the garage and I can park in it again! They sold enough stuff to make their rent! Yeah!


Our tile guy came at 7:30 and started tiling the new room. He laid 92 20" tiles yesterday and will come back Monday night and grout it. Then he'll be back on the weekend to continue tiling into the living room and kitchen.


The stucco guys also came at 7:30 and started on the back of the house. I went and picked up pizza and soda for everyone at noon and we had fun talking in Spanish and English and finding out about every one's families. The tile guy ha 4 kids! The stucco supervisor came from a family with 10 kids and another stucco guy had 11 kids in his family! Yikes!

Today we're visiting another church. Should be interesting. Better finish getting ready. I hate being late! Blessings on this beautiful 85 degree Lord's day!

No comments: