Tuesday, October 28, 2008

New Stuff

I'm finding it impossible to blog on Mondays. I have just enough time to get up way early, throw on work clothes and hit the door at daybreak. I even eat in the truck. So, here's an update on what has gone on in the last 2 days.

Sunday we went to another church to check out what they did. Several people have asked us what we thought about them but until Sunday we couldn't answer because we had never gone. Though what I heard prior was controversial, we found it to be a great experience. We were greeted warmly at the door and handed our bulletins. We were welcomed by a couple we knew and got to catch up a little before service. The associate Pastor came over and introduced himself as well and welcomed us. Then the Pastor came over and called us by name and welcomed us. He said he heard we were planting a church on the west side. We caught up with him a bit and I got to catch up on his brother, who I worked with at Gallo many years ago. The worship was great, the teaching was on track and relevant. As we exited the front door, the Pastor offered to help us plan our church plant and asked that we call him. I filled out a visitor card and the associate Pastor called us that afternoon. All in all it was a great experience and we're glad we went.

Sunday we pretty much did stuff around the house and watched football. Yesterday was a good hard workday and last night I fell asleep on the sofa with Greg at 6:00 for a few minutes while our tile guy grouted what he did on Saturday. He offered to come back tonight and Wednesday night and tile more, but Greg wanted him fresh on Saturday, so he'll be back then to tile the kitchen. Yeah!

I'm looking forward to tomorrow night. Besides teaching, we have gifts to bring. I love bringing gifts! I have lots to work on today and tonight we will probably grind down the rest of the concrete and pull up some carpet to prepare for this weekend. Maybe I'll do some painting today as well. Blessings on this fall Tuesday!

No comments: