Thursday, October 9, 2008

New Job

Today was my first full day (9.5 hours) in my new job with Greg doing landscaping. Most of it was fun and challenging. We started by going to Ripon (about 30 minutes north) to pick up several flats of annuals, then to Modesto (about 10 minutes back north) to LaLoma (a gorgeous neighborhood on a river) to prepare to plant them and do some detailing. The homeowner came out and chatted with us and expressed he didn't want to lose us as his landscapers. (He won't!)

Then it was off to Turlock to stop at home for a potty break and cut my bangs (they were driving me nuts, especially in this wind). Off to the storage unit to pick up the big mower and to a residential to mow (I mowed front and back), edge, and blow, then to a subdivision of 10 homes where I mowed 6 backyards and learned to use the commercial edger. A little detailing and then we were off to our church. Yeah! I like doing our church because it's beautiful and because I get to ride on the big mower, which is a blast. Greg said my lines were straight! I got to edge there also, then off to the storage unit to unload.

To celebrate, Greg took me out to Lampost Pizza. Honestly, tonight's dinner tasted better than any dinner I've had in months! It pays to burn calories! I'm not even tired, but I know that when I go to sleep and then roll over, my body will experience the stiffness I've come to know lately from all the painting I've been doing.

You might be wondering where we are on the house. Well, since I've been home this week, I've put 2 coats of primer on the walls in the new room, 3 coats on the ceiling, 2 coats on the kitchen ceiling, and 3 coats of paint on the kitchen walls. My biggest frustration is that the paint is streaking. I've never had a problem with paint not covering well in my life, and now, all I get are streaks! Needless to say we're getting quotes from painters to have it all sprayed before I go bonkers. I'm not taking any chances with painting the new room with a roller, though the walls came out well with the primer.

Can't wait to actually live in the house when it's done, cook a real meal that takes more than a little baking or microwaving, and sit at a table to eat a meal. Tomorrow, I tackle the bathroom!

Blessings!

No comments: