Wednesday, October 1, 2008

My First Day as a Bum!

My daughter has been referring to my 'in-between-jobs' time as when I'm a bum. I don't really care for that word because I intend to work very hard during this time painting and tiling and fixing things up. But it was nice to get up this morning and not think about what I had to do at work, not put too much effort into what I would wear and know that if she was late getting out the door, it didn't matter, because I was coming home. Takes a lot of pressure off!

I'm dedicating the morning to God, then it's off to lunch with my best friend and maid of honor, Vanessa. She's the one person I can talk a mile a minute with and still have stuff to say.

Yesterday was a great day. The staff prayed for me and Greg at our staff meeting, I received a special gift from a special friend, then the staff had a great lunch at Red Robbin. I received a wonderful card with well wishes from everyone that I will always treasure. I received an unexpected bouquet of flowers from my mom, wishing me well on my new venture. The vase is gorgeous and totally matches the new room! The day ended with me packing up my stuff and having a great exit interview with my Pastor. I slept great last night and look forward to today.

This has been a joyful transition. Thank you New Life Staff for making it wonderful. Blessings on this glorious Wednesday, the first day of the rest of my life.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

May God Bless you!!

Thank You!!

John 4:34-38

Joanne Reese said...

I look forward to seeing where God leads you - keep posting!

Joanne