Monday, October 13, 2008

Saving Grace

Not what you think. I don't remember if I blogged about the frustration of having striped ceilings or not. If not, I have them after several coats of primer. The saving grace comes in the form of a painting contractor who may (hopefully) save my tail and finish the painting. I'm too gun shy to try and finish it myself, though I'm doing the bathroom. Hopefully, Greg will approve the bid and we can move on to tiling the floor and finishing up.

I've taken a break from the painting to concentrate on other things that have been neglected, like my desk, the ironing board, the bedroom, and better cooking. The bathroom has been prepped for painting as soon as the spackling paste dries on a few spots and Greg unscrews the light fixture box, which has stripped screws due to the installation, I'll get painting. We bought the new toilet last night, bone colored, elongated bowl, and chair height for when we're too old to sit all the way down on a standard toilet! Greg will install the toilet and faucet this week, hopefully, before our board meeting on Saturday. Yes, I am cutting it close!

Here's what a wonderful husband I have: We had 2 coupons at Lowe's, the better for $25 off a purchase of $250 or more. The toilet was $221 complete. The coupon expired 3 days prior. Greg said I had to find another $29 worth of stuff and then he went to the service desk and asked if we could still use it. He probably explained that I had been trying to get him to go buy the toilet for a week, but he put me off, and could they make an exception. They did! While he was negotiating, I found a salad spinner and a couple more kitchen utensils I needed. What a great shopping experience I had! Greg got brownie points and gold stars and pats on the back and compliments all the way home. He's my hero!

Tomorrow I hope to share with you what cool things I've discovered in my David book and m Multi-ethnic church book. Good reading!

Blessings on this sunny Monday afternoon!

No comments: