Saturday, August 4, 2007

A God Moment at SWC

Thursday night the crowed was in full force anticipating the Newsboys' performance. It was dark and cool with a slight breeze as the three jumbotrons lit up the audience. The first two songs were lively and well known. The audience continued to stand as they sang Blessed Be Your Name (one of my favorites). During that song I felt the need to completely surrender my shoulder situation to God. The tears began to flow as I told God that I would walk down any road he wanted me to, even if it was surgery, and do it with courage because I trust him. I asked him to take my fear and then I let go. The thought of death during surgery ran across my mind and I surrendered to that as well, if that was what God wanted. His peace covered me.

As the song faded, the lead singer began to speak with authority. He recited two passages from Isaiah.

40:28-31
Do you not know?
Have you not heard?
The Lord is the everlasting God,
the Creator of the ends of the earth.
He will not grow tired or weary,
and his understanding no one can fathom.
He gives strength to the weary
and increases the power of the weak.
Even youths grow tired and weary,
and young men stumble and fall;
but those who hope in the Lord
will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
they will run and not grow weary,
they will walk and not be faint.

41:10-13
So do not fear, for I am with you;
do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you;
I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

All who rage against you
will surely be ashamed and disgraced;
those who oppose you
will be as nothing and perish.
Though you search for your enemies,
you will not find them.
Those who wage war against you
will be as nothing at all.
For I am the Lord, your God,
who takes hold of your right hand
and says to you, Do not fear;
I will help you.

I felt as if God was speaking those very words to me, cutting to me heart with his sword, and I drank in every word. It was powerful. My whole family felt his presence during that time. God had a message for us last night and we all shed tears as we experienced our Lord's encouragement pertaining to our own situations.

Fill your self with God's Holy word and expose yourself to as many opportunities to experience him as possible. This means going to church and attending classes like Harvest Crusade Impact and Bible studies. It means meeting with a disciple maker or being one. It means going to the Harvest Crusade, volunteering at church, the Harvest Crusade, or in your community. It means talking to your friends and family about spiritual things. It means going to Spirit West Coast or the Modesto Nuts Faith Night August 28th. It means reading blogs and listening to podcasts and Christian radio. I'm not saying you have to do ALL these things, but it is important to be more than a Sunday morning Christian. The more you fill your heart with God, the less room there will be for the enemy's seeds and worldly desires.

No comments: