Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Praise and Glory be to God!

Yahooooo!!!!!! Thank you to my prayer partners who have prayed about my shoulder. The Dr. emailed me tonight and told me he received my MRI results, which showed no rotator cuff tear, and a normal shoulder except for impingement (tendonitis). I'm still seeing him Friday to discuss our options for treatment, but I'm pretty sure it means I don't need surgery. Yeahh!!!!

What a relief. As I walked our mile around our neighborhood with Greg tonight, fighting back the over expression of sheer joy of having only tendonitis, I considered the situation. As I wrote in my previous post, any experience is worth it as long as you learn from it. I told Greg, "You know, it's just like God in how he deals with me. He knows I have a fear or problem in a certain area. He allows that kind of situation in my life. I stress, I fear, I dread. Then I realize I really have no option as a child of God, but to trust in my heavenly Father who loves me, and surrender to whatever he wants for me. Once I do that, the situation dissipates, never as bad as I had imagined it would be."

He wants our surrender and our trust. I've learned this lesson several times before, and I think I'm getting quicker to realize I need to surrender, at least I hope I am. God is continually helping us weed out the weaknesses in our life by allowing us to face those situations. It might be a health crisis, a confrontation issue, or something else. I just pray I'll be better at evaluating myself and fixing my fears and attitudes before he brings something my way to deal with.

I feel like the object of his mercy and grace. The recipient of his generosity. Cradled in his arms and gently rocked. There is no more comforting place to be. However, being in my husband's arms is a very close second.

No comments: