Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Reading Update

I started a new book this week. It's called In a Pit With a Lion on a Snowy Day. Don't you just love that title? I'm about 60+ pages into it and so far it's about courage, facing fears, and praying for the right things. What I liked about today's reading is how the author talked about our prayers so often ask for protection or for pain to be taken away. If our lives had no pain and no crisis, how could we grow? It's through those trying times that we learn to lean on God the most and learn to trust him, no matter what life throws our way. We should be praying that God would bring us the opportunities that we need in order to grow. Is that brave or what? Kind of like, Bring the Rain, huh? We have to change our mindset, or in corporate terms, have a paradigm shift. That's what we should be praying for each day.

I've also been reading Billy Graham's book. He has graduated from college, gotten married, had his first child, and is quickly building Youth for Christ in Europe. Talk about a boundless enthusiasm. This guy never ran out of energy. Maybe when he had the Mumps for two months. It's a fascinating book of a man with incredible faith.

So, what are you reading? Feel free to leave a comment. I usually read books that people suggest to me. Your brain is a muscle, exercise it! Also, did you know that whenever you learn something new, you put another wrinkle in your brain? I want a very wrinkled brain when I die. How about you?

No comments: