Monday, June 9, 2008

Beautiful Things

Today I thought I would share some of the things that I've noticed recently that I think are absolutely beautiful. (in no particular order)

The way my friend Joanne writes.
My husband ministering boldly to a friend.
Our kids' smiles and humor.
A sunny day.
The heart of a Pastor shepherding his flock.
A child praying.
God speaking.
God-given peace.
A new Christian.
My husband's hairy chest.
My skinny jeans fitting!
A good haircut.
A clean house.
A mountain side of pine trees.
Snow-capped mountains.
The ocean.
Our dogs licking each other.
Our cat's white tummy and purr.
A good book that challenges the actions of my faith.
Time with God.
A great sermon.
Wisdom.
Integrity.
Humility.
Fear overcome.
The movie The Notebook.
The movie Philadelphia.
Lives transformed.
Healing.
A mother's prayers for her children.
A heart turning from an inward focus to an outward focus.
Birth.
People all dressed up to honor a deceased.
An engaged couple planning their wedding.
A wedding.
Running further each day.
Getting a lot accomplished in a day.
My husband planting flowers for me as a surprise.
Sleeping in.
My husband's blue eyes.
My family making dinner while I sleep as a surprise.
Hot chocolate chip cookies and cold milk.
A good cry.
Trust.
Faith.
Kristen playing the drums.
Mark playing the piano.
God's provision.
70 degree weather.
God's calling.
Truth.
Knowing God.

Since I can't think of anything better than knowing God, I'll stop here for the day. What are your beautiful things?

1 comment:

Michele B said...

It's a beautiful list. I read it last night several times and started to compile my own list in my mind.

But then I found that my list was going to either be too short or too long, depending on my focus, which has been a little jarred lately. The short version seemed not to do justice to my Lord. The long version was beyond me at the moment. But I will definitely be giving it some focus.

I cherish today the knowledge of a life that's being so well-lived as to acknowledge these blessings, the Lord Who gives them, and the heart that loves so as to share them.

I find beauty in that today.