Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Proverbs

I've been going through Proverbs lately and it is one of my favorite books of the Bible. It's so full of wisdom in so many areas, I have highlights all over my Bible. I just opened my Bible to Proverbs 20 this morning and there are so many things to choose from. Here are a few of my favorites.

20:22 "Do not say, "I'll pay you back for this wrong!" Wait for the Lord, and he will deliver you." aka 'Revenge is mine sayeth the Lord'

20:24 "A man's steps are directed by the Lord. How then can anyone understand his own way?"

21:2 "All a man's ways seem right to him, but the Lord weighs the heart."

21:3 "To do what is right and just is more acceptable to the Lord than sacrifice."

21:13 "If a man shuts his ears to the cry of the poor, he too will cry out and not be answered."

22:9 "A generous man will himself be blessed, for he shares his food with the poor."

22:24 "Do not make friends with a hot-tempered man, do not associate with one easily angered"

This food is so rich. The last verse goes on to say that you may learn his ways and get yourself ensnared. That reminds me of a line in Desiderata that says "Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexations to the spirit." I tend to shy away from people who are loud and aggressive. I gravitate towards direct, open, honest people. Who do you gravitate towards? Fun loving types? Quiet types? God loves them all equally. Blessings all over you this Tuesday!

No comments: