Wednesday, June 25, 2008

A New Book

I've easily selected my next book. It is The Cross and the Switchblade by David Wilkerson. David started the highly successful treatment program, Teen Challenge and parent organization Challenge World. This is a book that I couldn't put down last night. There were countless miracles that he experienced in just the first few chapters. It is a very insightful, true story of a man who obeyed God even when it didn't make sense and was very outside of who he was and what he knew. He obeyed anyway, and the result is thousands of changed lives.

My prayer is that every believer has this kind of faith, to step outside what is known, what is comfortable, and be open to whatever God has called you to do. There is so much work to be done.

I'm looking forward to sharing this new book with you. I'm going to hold off on the Garry Gilley book for now.

Blessings on this gorgeous, yet smoky Wednesday!

No comments: