Thursday, June 26, 2008

House and Stuff



Here's a picture of our patio/great room before they inspector comes today and we hopefully pour tomorrow. Mark took this shot of our front yard last week. The crape myrtle is almost in full bloom.

I picked up a couple more books yesterday. I was SO happy to see Erwin McManus' new book, Wide Awake in the bookstore. It had a release date of July. The Awaken conference gave everyone a pre-release of this book in April. After reading it I knew I wanted to buy the book. Funny thing I found out, too. Greg and I ordered what we thought was a CD of all the conference sessions. What arrived in the mail was a DVD of all the conference sessions. The funny thing was as I was watching the sessions from the first morning, I'm in them! A few Mosaic staff members were being interviewed on stage by another Mosaic staff member, and Erwin came out from backstage with his wireless mic and started asking questions of the staff. He was standing about 6 feet in front of me and I was on the aisle. It's a little weird seeing yourself on a professional DVD. Why didn't they airbrush me? Just kidding.

I also picked up a book on the story of David. I'm wanting to get Chuck Swindol's book on David, which is coming out in paperback. I'll read this one first, then see if I still want the other.

So, they next book I talk about will probably be Wide Awake. The Cross and the Switchblade is just too full of miracles and fantastic stuff to go through. You're just going to have to read that one yourself.

Kristen is 16 today. Yeah!!!! Each year I think about the 2 days of back labor, the 20 minutes at the hospital before she was born with no drugs or episiotomy (I tore) and how my ex-husband stole my car after the birth. We have a tradition here. Since Kristen is lactose-intolerant, I get her an apple pie and I get me, Greg, and Mark a cake. It's a celebration of the birth of an amazing young lady. Purity is her banner and Jesus is her focus. She's a blessing.

Have a wonderful, joyful, peaceful Kristen's birthday today!

No comments: