Friday, July 27, 2007

Aftermath

As I went for my run this morning with my trusy companion Sascha (our 12 year-old German shepherd) I experienced the aftermath of last night's fire. The smell of smoke is still in the air, the gutters are lined with black ash and water, and our neighbor's driveway piled with fluffy white foam. He was loading a few file cabinets in the back of his truck while all the time on his cell phone. By 7:30 Farmer's Insurance had come to survey the damage. Now contractors are showing up to see what it will take to restore their home.

It reminds me of the verse Weeping may last through the night,but joy comes with the morning. Ps. 30:5 And the morning always comes. No matter what we go through, it always gets better. Tunnels always end and valleys are finite. Thank you Lord for the hope we have in you!

No comments: