Saturday, July 21, 2007

Out With the Old . . .

We just finished having our nearly annual yard sale. We had been storing this stuff for a year or more and it was so good to see it go. Most of it was in pretty good condition and I'm glad all the large ticket items sold, except for our small truck tool box. Boy, would I like to get rid of that. It's heavy, scratched, big, and is of absolutely no use to us.

As I was coming up with the title to today's blog, God reminded me of how he is in the process of getting rid of our old nature and replacing it with the new. I'm so thankful for that! I'm so glad I'm not who I used to be and I shudder to think of who I would be after these last 20 years that he has been working on me, had he not come into my heart.

I couldn't title today's blog Out With the Old and In With the New because we're not in a place to do "new" right now. We're in the process of dreaming and saving and praying for tile floors, paint, furniture, cabinets, and more square footage. I don't know yet if that's what God wants for us, but we're saving towards it in the meantime. If he has somewhere else for the money to go after a few years, that's fine, at least we'll be ready.

In the meantime, we wait, and live with scratches, dents, stains, and cramped quarters, but I'm thankful we have a home. So many don't. Please pray for the homeless and pray for wisdom for those who are working on starting the Turlock Gospel Mission. It's a large undertaking and the enemy would like nothing better than to secularize it or thwart it entirely.

No comments: