Wednesday, February 13, 2008

4th Time's the Charm

This is my 4th attempt at blogging today. It seems my laptop was left on last night and was frozen and overheated this morning. I tried to use Greg's laptop and it wouldn't connect to the internet. Then I remembered I opened an email last night and my computer froze. It locks up within 2 minutes of getting where I want to go, so Norton doesn't have a chance to pick it up. I'll see if this affects the kids' computers, as we all connect wirelessly to my PC at home. I think I have computer issues, so if you don't see a blog Friday, Saturday, or Sunday, you'll know why.

I didn't get to read too much last night. Greg and I had to work on some things last night and got to take a walk, then, of course, American Idol was on.

I felt so bad for some of those people. Not that they didn't make it, because there are many other avenues to make it in music. I felt bad because they chose to put themselves in this kind of position where there was a better chance of being cut than making it to the top. They were so upset, it was almost like they hadn't prepared themselves for the probability. Maybe it's good to have that much confidence in your abilities, maybe not. What do you think? Would you set yourself up like that? Would you be crushed if you lost, as though this was your only option for making it?

I'm kind of rooting for Josiah. I don't know anyone else's name. I said over and over last night, that he needed to take care of his body and get sleep, and he would be able to handle things better. I thought it was gutsy to dismiss the band. It seemed the judges had no idea what he had gone through the night before. I'm glad he made it and I hope he continues to do well, but I don't think he's the cream of the crop.

I love the Janis Joplin girl and the guy who wore a brown shirt, had a scruffy shave, and sang so well. I think they're my favorites. Of course, I really liked Gina last season, and the guy with the long curly hair that has a Christian band. If the Janis Joplin girl cuts a CD, I'll buy it if she sings the sixties songs. I love that kind of music.

I'm usually not one of the people who stands around the water cooler and talks about American Idol the next day but it is a fun show to watch. I just wish Simon was nicer. I guess that's what makes the ratings. He'll probably never have an ulser since he can totally be himself and say whatever he wants. There's a lot of freedom in that. It's just irritating for everyone else!

No comments: